I got a late start leaving the hostel in Radium. I had the whole room to myself, and I actually, for the first time all trip, slept pretty well.
I had breakfast at a place down the street, wasted some time while packing, and finally got rolling in the late morning- 11 or so.
This was fine because today was a short day- 30 miles-ish, but it was a hot day- probably 90 degrees. Amazing how 5 days ago I was wearing all the warm clothes I had with me- wool socks, double fleece, long johns, and I was still cold, and now it's 90+. I think this means I should get an earlier start tomorrow so I'm not riding through the hottest part of the day...
| Long boring roads and fun shadows to play with! |
Just past Fairmont all the campgrounds on my map appeared to not exist in real life, which was mildly exciting. I stopped at Timbers Resort, which according to their roadside signs has cabins and room for RVs. Turns out they have room for tents too. (they also have showers, which are quickly becoming part of my favorite things.)
Tomorrow I plan to go to Wasa, which I hear has a big warm lake and a great beach. If I leave earlier than today I should have lots of time in the afternoon for the lake- that's the goal!
Today I also reached the 300 mile mark for the trip. (300 miles! I love seeing these numbers add up!)
Thanks (big huge sloppy thanks) to everyone reading this and sending me notes and comments. It's really helped!!
I think when you're biking a couple to a few dozen miles a day, gelato can count as lunch.
ReplyDeleteGelato counts for everything! Pictures are great and its fun reading your posts! Thanks!
ReplyDeletePsh, gelato is barely a snack on a biking day! Thanks for all these wonderful descriptions and pictures. Bike on!
ReplyDeletewhat a great place to camp! And yes...gelato counts as lunch. At this point, after all you have done, you can eat what you want and call it what you want. You have earned that right!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your adventures, and still wish I was with you. But if I was we might get lost in the snow - but we wouldn't do a trail twice :)
Go Zeta Go! It has been so fun to follow your adventures! Two wheeeeeeelin'!
ReplyDelete